From: Meir Kriheli <mksoft@×××××××××××××.il>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage and i18n
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 04:39:14
1 I'm gonna start working on adding i18n features to portage.
2
3 The 1st thing I wanna work in is multi lingual package descriptions. When the
4 output shows a package dedcription (e.g when doing emerge -s), it will be
5 shown with the correct lang (according to some env var), and if not found,
6 fall back to the original description.
7
8 So I have some questions:
9
10 1. Where should I place the translation files ? (I intentd to have one file
11 for each language).
12
13 2. What env var to use (LC_LANG, or some other gentoo specific).
14
15 3. Where should I submit patches, language files etc.
16
17 in the future I want to add the ability to search on the translated package
18 descriptions as well (emerge -S).
19
20 What is the stand of Gentoo's developers on this issue ?
21
22 Cheers
23 --
24 Meir Kriheli