From: Frank Schafer <frank.schafer@×××××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Bugs in autoconf/automake and python-fchksum
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 12:47:09
1 Hi,
2
3 It took me the whole weekend to build a stage1 system. (Took 5 hours
4 during last night ;)
5
6 I had to work around the bugs this way:
7
8 scripts/bootscripts.sh
9 emerge --oneshot --nodeps autoconf
10 emerge --oneshot --nodeps autoconf-wrapper
11
12 This solved the problem, that automake installed during ``emerge
13 system'' has a autoconf dependency of a not installed autoconf set what
14 broke ``emerge system''.
15
16 emerge --oneshot --nodeps python
17
18 During ``emerge system'' python-fchksum failed with a not existing
19 i386-pc-linux-gnu-gcc on a i686 system. I don't know if python hard
20 codes the native compiler to the one it was built with or if this
21 compiler is hard coded in setup.py during python installation. Looking
22 at the ebuild it seems to be ok.
23
24 The native compiler should come from the CHOST setting in make.conf.
25
26 after the 3 ``emerge --oneshot''s after bootstrap ``emerge system''
27 succeeded.
30 Regards
31 Frank
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list