From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ssmtp forced?
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:33:04
1 Yes. Your /etc/make.profile/virtuals file contains a line virtual/mta
2 net-mail/ssmtp
3
4 Change that line to say net-mail/qmail instead.
5
6 DEVELOPERS: It would be nice if /etc/make.profile/virtuals has either a
7 system where people could + / - exceptions to it, similar to how
8 /etc/make.conf and the USE line works now. As it is, everytime I do a
9 emerge --clean rynsc I have to edit /etc/make.profile/packages to make
10 my changes and /etc/make.profile/virtuals
11
12 Granted I could sever the symbolic link from /etc/make.profile to the
13 directory in /usr/portage/profiles/<dir>, but then I wouldn't get
14 updates that apply to it. Just something to think about.
15
16 -Jared H.
17
18 Bjarke Sørensen wrote:
19 > Hi!
20 >
21 > I have qmail ad my virtual/mta, but when I do a
22 >
23 > emerge update --world --pretend
24 >
25 > [ebuild N ] net-mail/ssmtp-2.38.14-r1 to /
26 >
27 > As far I can tell from the qmail build it should PROVIDE virtual/mta, so
28 > that's not the reason my ssmtp wanting to install.
29 >
30 > Does anyone have any idea?

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature