From: Spundun Bhatt <spundun@×××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] phoenix-cvs env.d conflict
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 00:57:33
Hi....(This is my first mail to this list)
Today I had a problem with phoenix-cvs.
I installed phoneix-cvs 10 days back which was working fine ..... I
reinstalled it today and they have changed the installation a little...
(ofcourse! its cvs!). They changed the name of the executable from
/usr/lib/phoenix/phoenix to /usr/lib/phoenix/MozillaFirebird (I think
the prefix is forced by the ebuild though). This was not a big deal
really... but this executable was giving an error
bash-2.05b$ /usr/lib/phoenix/MozillaFirebird Cannot execute /usr/lib/mozilla/MozillaFirebird-bin.

Digging in... I found out that that shelscript (MozillaFirebird) is
sensitive to MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME env variable now... which is set to
/usr/lib/mozilla so the script was getting confused. Right now I have
commented out that part in the script so its working fine.. but I dont
know what a more permanent solution should be.

I saw that this env variable MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME is coming from
/etc/env.d/10mozilla file. When is this value set there? any way to
control this variable .... or maybe remove it so that mozilla and
phoenix-cvs could co-exist.?

ps: just yell at me if this ml is not for this kind of mails.