From: Klavs Klavsen <kl@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] security updates only?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 06:00:38
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I know there has been several requests (also from me) asking for a way
4 to do security updates only.
5
6 Something like emerge -s world --nodeps (should update every package
7 that has had a GLSA for it if the version matches the GLSA(s)) would
8 IMHO be very cool and very much needed. Then I bet many people would set
9 that to update automagically - which should be possible - would help
10 security a whole lot :)
11
12 I'm no python programmer (atleast not yet - a frind of mine tells me
13 it's quite easy, and a cool language :) - and I don't know how well
14 portage is structured, but I think this security thing could easily be
15 accomplished, if the GLSA's were added to the tree (why shouldn't they -
16 they don't take up much space, and why should people have to go to the
17 webpage, or receive an email to get notified?).
18
19 What do you think?
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl@××××.dk - http://www.vsen.dk
23 PGP: 7E063C62/2873 188C 968E 600D D8F8 B8DA 3D3A 0B79 7E06 3C62
24 See my new CMS Hosting Service at http://www.VirkPaaNettet.dk
25
26 Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
27 Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
28 who is carrying a .38.