From: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] How to handle conflicts?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:07:17
1 Hi,
2
3 What is the best way to handle conflicts of packages? Ie: I have a
4 stable (release) version of software A, and I also have a bleeding edge
5 version of the same software (that tracks the same current stable
6 version). What I want to do is that if they install the CVS version (or
7 the release version) they can't install the other version without
8 un-installing the other one. I'd like to do this to make sure that they
9 are linked against the correct version of the libraries.
10
11 Best regards
12 Michael Boman
15 Michael Boman
16 Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd
17 http://www.securecirt.com