From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] giflib and libungif hell
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:57:14
1 On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 00:41 +0900, Chris White wrote:
2 > So.. basically:
3 >
4 > 1) libungif and giflib both install -lgif
5
6 Since when ???
7
8 > 2) They don't block each other
9
10 Why should they??
11
12 > 3) libungif does some weird thing where it deletes the giflib header
13 > file (probably because they aren't blocking each other?)
16 Huh???
17
18 > So, they pretty much install the same thing... Can I put a blocker on
19 > this? Or does someone have a valid reason why I shouldn't...
22 I'll say because you are on crack is a good reason, but then I would be
23 nasty.
27 Martin Schlemmer
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
29 Cape Town, South Africa