From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: davisjp@×××.edu
Cc: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of gcc-3.2.3-r2[Scanned]
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:37:28
1 On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:49, John Davis wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > Hi all:
6 > Does anyone know the masking status of gcc-3.2.3-r2? It has been ~* for
7 > quite some time. I know that it works fine on both my x86 and ppc box,
8 > and I have heard of it running very stable on other people's boxen, so
9 > why the mask?
12 For some reason it breaks others boxes badly. I have a -r3 here
13 that fix the static linking issues without the bad fix in -r2, as
14 well as the parser issues that -r2 also fixed. Over here -r3
15 does an bootstrap and emerge system (ok, nptl based) fine, as
16 well as busy now with emerge gnome. I will commit it toward
17 the end of the week/weekend after one or two more look overs.
20 Thanks,
24 Martin Schlemmer
25 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
26 Cape Town, South Africa