From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Introduce a pandoc virtual
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 16:28:45
1 On 3.6.2022 17.45, Maciej Barć wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 >
4 > I'd like to introduce "pandoc" virtual package depending on pandoc-bin
5 > or pandoc.
6 >
7 > Pandoc is a very helpful tool for converting between document formats,
8 > most commonly used to build a project documentation, but it depends on
9 > many Haskell libraries, and I believe not many users will want to
10 > install full pandoc to build given project's documentation.
11 >
12 > Using the following command: "grep -R 'app-text/pandoc'
13 > --exclude-dir=.git --exclude-dir=metadata --exclude-dir=profiles | cut
14 > -d':' -f 1 | cut -d'/' -f 1-2 | sort | uniq" we can diagnose that
15 > following pkgs could benefit from it:
16 > app-emacs/auto-complete
17 > app-emacs/markdown-mode
18 > app-emulation/xen-tools
19 > app-text/nuspell
20 > dev-haskell/hakyll
21 > dev-haskell/pandoc-citeproc
22 > dev-lang/lfe
23 > dev-libs/pmdk
24 > dev-python/ipython
25 > dev-python/nbconvert
26 > dev-python/pandas
27 > media-sound/bluez-alsa
28 > media-sound/pms
29 > net-misc/mptcpd
30 > sci-mathematics/rkward
31 > sci-mathematics/rstudio
32 > sys-apps/earlyoom
33 > sys-apps/exa
34 > sys-apps/ripgrep-all
35 > www-apps/gitit
36 > www-apps/hugo
37 > x11-wm/xpra
38 >
39 > Attached a initial patch.
40 >
41 > Thoughts?
44 First time I hear about pandoc-bin. Great idea indeed now that the
45 package exists!
46
47 But you'll have to match KEYWORDS for both options first.
48
49 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature