From: "Benjamin A. Collins" <bencollins@××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP system worthwhile?
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:07:45
1 I think the GLEP system is pretty nice actually. Despite the extra
2 bureaucratic layers, it's a good system for vetting serious ideas.
3 Mailing lists are good for discussions, but once an idea has matured
4 some, it's nice to have the more formal document: (a) it's easier to
5 find and a good way to make important discussions available to those
6 who don't follow the mailing lists closely; (b) it provides a sort of
7 "official" reference point --- an RFC, if you will.
8
9 I don't think that the number of GLEPS that have been implemented,
10 accepted, rejected, or deferred are really that important (unless the
11 whole point is to increase the number of features that get implemented
12 in Gentoo, and as I perceive it, that's not the point of the GLEP
13 system).
14
15 bc
16 --