From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] doman problems
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:52:22
1 Doing some more reading and looking at the helper function code and I
2 have some questions.
3
4 doman will install to whatever DESTDIR is set to by into. So if my
5 files are in ${D}/usr/lib/${PN}/man/manx then as long as I set into
6 /usr/share my files will end up in the proper man directory under
7 /usr/share/man and they will be compressed and ready to go - correct?
8
9 prepallman expects the files in /usr/share/man subdirectories already
10 and it just compresse them all.
11
12 You commented that doman is usually for stuff outside ${D}. Since the
13 make install for this package puts the files in
14 ${D}/usr/lib/${PN}/man/manx is there any reason not to use doman to move
15 them to the proper place and compress them - even though I'm inside ${D}?
16
17 Thanks.