From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Stabilisation exceptions
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:21:00
1 On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:31:20 +0100, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > over the course of the years the x86 (and other architectures as
5 > well)
6 > has given away permissions to maintainers/teams to mark packages
7 > stable themselves. As there never was a definitive list what
8 > exceptions exist, I compiled a list of the ones I could get from the
9 > top of my head in [1]. Please yell if you have those
10 > permissions so I can complete the list for reference purposes.
11 >
12 > V-Li
13 >
14 > [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/x86/exceptions.xml
15
16 Probably OT, sorry. Isn't it time we gained this concept of "noarch"
17 for packages that only install text files or packages that don't compile
18 anything...
19 -Jeremy