From: Tom Syroid <tom@×××××××××××.com>
To: Gentoo Dev List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kdegraphics failure on libungif
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:54:18
1 Sorry... error file attached.
2 >>KDEGraphics.Fail<<
3
4 /tom
5
6 --On Monday, August 11, 2003 13:50:50 -0600 Tom Syroid
7 <tom@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > Anyone need some extra hair? I have a small pile on the floor beside me
10 > you're welcome to ;-)
11 >
12 > As the subject notes, I'm trying to get kdegraphics 3.1.3 to build; keeps
13 > failing on what appears to be a make command to kuickshow.la. Not
14 > familiar with the programmatical aspects of building KDE, but it appears
15 > to be failing on "/usr/lib/libungif.la" -- not found.
16 >
17 > I'm also not terribly familiar with the nuances of bugs.gentoo.org. I did
18 > do a search on the error and came up bare, which probably has something
19 > to do with my search skills more than anything else...
20 >
21 > I've tried several 'emerge rsync' s,
22 > Deleting /var/tmp/portage/kdegraphics* and rebuilding,
23 > Adding 'gif' to my USE flags,
24 > Removing 'gif' from my USE flags,
25 > And a partridge in a pear tree.
26 >
27 > Mmm. Advice and guidance much appreciated.
28 >
29 > (PS, all of KDE 3.1.3 build without error or incident on my P3 notebook.
30 > This system is a clean install of 1.4 final on a dual Athlon. So far,
31 > everything [one minor niggle aside] has built cleanly on the system).
32 >
33 > Best,
34 > /tom
35 >
36 > --
37 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

KDEGraphics.Fail application/octet-stream