From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 00:27:56
1 On 03/22/2018 12:56 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Michael Palimaka schrieb:
3 >> I see that in bug #650964[1] Council is pushing forward again with
4 >> implementing user whitelisting on this mailing list (ie. anyone that is
5 >> not "approved" will have their mail rejected).
6 >>
7 >> Could someone please explain how this doesn't directly contradict the
8 >> core tenets of an open and inclusive community?
9 >
10 > (I do not intend to single out your post, just replying to the thread in
11 > general here)
12 >
13 > I would like to ask people to stay respectful in their disagreement towards
14 > the Council and their decision here. You might not agree with the decision,
15 > but the Council is an elected body and was given these powers by the
16 > developer community which they represent. Also I have no doubt that Council
17 > members who voted for -dev moderation are aware of the counter arguments and
18 > honestly expect a net positive effect from this.
19 >
20 > If you dislike mailing list moderation, campaign and/or vote in the next
21 > period for candidates who want to reverse this decision.
22
23 +1 for this, and also note that the whitelisting approach allows for
24 those opposing to start a project for -dev ML moderation that is similar
25 to editbugs and proxy maintenance as we currently have in the project.
29 Kristian Fiskerstrand
30 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
31 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3