From: Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
To: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Shoutcast Tutorial
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:50:03
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2
3 >few things ...
4 >why is it under desktop/sound/ and not doc/en/ ?
7 simple, I don't have commit access to doc/en, I may ask klieber to move
8 it there/whatever when he gets a chance.
9
10 >why did you write a HOWTO for shoutcast instead of icecast ? i used to run an
11 >icecast server and had some custom pimp php scripts for changing music ... i
12 >dont want to come off as a zealot, but shoutcast is closed source while
13 >icecast isnt ...
14 >-mike
15 >
16 >--
17 >gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
22 Yes, I'm not going to leave the icecast users out as well. I do plan on
23 writing an icecast HOWTO later. The Shoutcast HOWTO came first because
24 a) I maintain it b) I'd been trying to get some sound docs up and that
25 was the first thing that came to my mind. Rest assured you will have an
26 icecast HOWTO soon, the time though, I can't confirm (lots o school
27 right now). Hope this answers any/all questions.
30 Chris White <chriswhite@g.o>
32 Sound | Video | Security
33 ChrisWhite @ irc.freenode.net