From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reducing the size of the system package set
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:16:07
1 On Thursday 10 January 2008, Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > With a quick glance at portage, I found at least those ssh implementations
3 > : - openssh
4
5 none of those are suitable replacements for openssh.
6
7 > - ssh
8
9 non-commercial only, not tested on all arches
10
11 > - ossh
12
13 only tested on x86, no idea on quality
14
15 > - dropbear
16
17 only good for embedded systems
18
19 > - ... (probably a few more whose name I couldn't find)
20
21 probably all are just as unworthy
22
23 > This might even be worth a virtual/ssh.
24
25 that would only make sense if the packages were drop-in replacements (which
26 they arent) and other packages actually needed to depend on it
27 -mike