From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] category sci-geosciences redundant ?
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:21:59
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:18:39 -0500 Olivier Crête <tester@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Don't we already have rules that forbid two packages having the same
5 > | name ?
6 >
7 > Uh, no. See, we have categories to avoid this problem. Upstream naming
8 > takes priority.
9
10 If thats the case, why is Firefox called mozilla-firefox ? I think upstream
11 naming is important, but it shouldn't be the #1 reason why you can't name it
12 something else to avoid conflict. Granted yes, thats why we have categories, but
13 having to add app-admin/sudo is a PITA to do every time.
16 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
17 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operational Manager
18
19 ---
20 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
21 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
22
23 ramereth/irc.freenode.net