From: Amiel Martin <martina3@××××××.edu>
To: "Kurt V. Hindenburg" <khindenburg@××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple DISTDIR
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 07:54:53
1 comments? great idea
2
3 -AMiel
4
5 On Sat, 17 May 2003, Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
6
7 I've patch portage.py (VERSION="2.0.47-r10") and ebuild.sh to use a
8 new variable in make.conf. The new variable is DISTDIRS="directory1
9 directory2 etc".
10 The purpose of this is to allow people to have distfiles in multiple
11 locations (ie. cdrom, nfs, etc).
12
13 What happens:
14 1. Look in DISTDIR for files (as normal)
15 2. If not found, traverse through all directories in DISTDIRS looking
16 for files.
17 3. Set a new environment variable (DDIR) pointing to correct directory
18 holding the files.
19 4. ebuild.sh will use DDIR if set instead of DISTDIR.
20
21 Notes:
22 1. I couldn't really figure out what the envirnoment variables A and
23 AA were meant for.
24
25 2. I thought it best to avoid messing with the envirnoment variable
26 DISTDIR to avoid confusion/problems (hence the new DDIR).
27
28 3. How can I get the latest cvs copy of portage as I would assume
29 people would want a diff against that.
30
31 This will need further testing/fixing as I've only spent a few hours
32 on it and I'm a non-python user.
33
34 Anyone doing something like this or anyone have any comments?
35
36 Kurt
37 ---
38 There is no good and evil; there is only power.
41 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
45 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list