From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: app-accessibility/festival and reverse dependencies
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 16:02:48
1 On Sun, May 12, 2019 at 11:23:02PM +0300, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > On Sat, 11 May 2019 16:27:16 +0200 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
3 > > # Andreas K. Hüttel <dilfridge@g.o> (11 May 2019)
4 > > # Outdated, EAPI=2, unmaintained, segfaults immediately.
5 >
6 > Hm, it definitely doesn't segfault for me...
7 > Works like charm right now.
8
9 ...
10
11 > If someone wants to take them, go ahead. If nobody volunteers, I'll
12 > take at least festival and festival-ru after a few weeks.
13
14 Everything else Andreas says is correct.
15
16 Festival is outdated (2.4 is available upstream) and it is eapi 2,
17 so if we are going to maintain it, we need to bump and move to EAPI 7,
18 then we need to look into all of the reverse dependencies and either
19 update or remove them.
20
21 Festival and its rdeps ar a beast, so if anyone wants to take them,
22 be prepared for a lot of work. Please leave the accessibility project
23 as a backup maintainer. I don't know how the sound project feels about
24 being involved in the maintenance, so imo ask them also.
25
26 William