From: Richard Brown <mynamewasgone@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DevRel policy update
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:32:50
1 On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o> wrote:
2 > Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
3 > As this change directly affects developers only, please take further
4 > discussion to the Gentoo-core ML.
5
6 I'd like to, but I appear to have been unsubscribed from that list.
7 Assuming that my retirement and this change in policy are not
8 unrelated, I'm afraid you appear to have not followed your own policy.
9 The new policy reads: "The critical nature of an escalation may be
10 determined by the Developer Relations Lead or Infrastructure, for
11 security-related issues, that which would endanger Gentoo, or our
12 reputation. An issue that is deemed critical does not need further
13 justification in addition to stating which of the above situations it
14 falls under." In the email you sent kindly sent me informing me of my
15 retirement:
16
17 > In light of the escalation and review of recent issues, you have had your
18 > developer rights revoked for your repeated and aggravated behavior despite
19 > numerous attempts to correct that. Gentoo will not tolerate these continued
20 > repeat offenses and as such Developer Relations has acted under Developer
21 > Policy:
22 >
23 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/policy.xml. Per that policy you have
24 > the right to appeal this decision to Gentoo Council.
27 You make no mention of the issue being critical, or under which of the
28 two criteria I should have been retired under.
29
30 Please ask infra to restore my access until such time as you are able
31 to follow your own policy for conflict resolution. I'll be waiting for
32 a proper bug that I can read that explains what I did to whom, and
33 when and how they complained.
34
35 Regards,
36 --