From: Martin Ehmsen <ehmsen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improving Gentoo User Relations
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:39:30
1 Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:07 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > So, from a developer pov Ciaran; if we could come up with some way of
4 > keeping up to date with what you guys do (without eating up any of your
5 > time or getting in your way) and then keep the masses informed, would
6 > that be more attractive? Obviously making sure that information is kept
7 > to a not exactly bare minimum, but presented in such a way that it
8 > doesn't in any way halt progress or potential change of direction?
9
10 I would use such a service if one is provided and it is very easy to use
11 (don't take a lot of time).
12
13 How about a website/blog hosted on www.gentoo.org pr. project and a
14 little tool for posting on such a website (ala echangelog). I don't have
15 the time to set something like that up on my own, but I would use it if
16 it was given to me.
17 I work in text-markup and we don't do much high profile development, but
18 I would like a way to tell users about what we are doing even though
19 it would only mean a post pr. month or so.
20 But if I need to spend time and energy on setting such a thing up, then
21 it will never happen.
22
23 Just my two cents,
24