From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: licenses@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding potentially questionable license AcePerl-Indemnity
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 05:32:07
1 On Thu, 2020-04-23 at 10:32 +1200, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > I've just discovered dev-perl/Ace has some fun questionable licensing
3 > which includes a lovely indemnity clause, which had previously gone
4 > unnoticed, and it stipulates additional requests for research
5 > publications, which is not something mentioned in any license currently
6 > in tree other than Tinker
7 >
8 > Following is the entire body of the license I plan to put in
9 > licenses/AcePerl-Indemnity ( name chosen to specifically alert people
10 > tempted to accept this license that Indemnification is an important
11 > part they should actually read )
14 Are you stipulating that people eager to install this package would
15 likely go for a dictionary to understand a word they can't even type
16 properly on the first attempt?
19 Best regards,
20 Michał Górny