From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: automatically killing invalid CFLAGS/warning about bad CFLAGS
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 03:04:25
1 Patrick McLean wrote:
2 > For about a month now, we (amd64) have had some code in our
3 > profile.bashrc that filters CFLAGS that are unrecognized by gcc, and
4 > warnings the user about bad CFLAGS.
5
6 The broken flags part is useful.
7
8 > So far it has worked fairly well, and it has really cut down on the
9 > number of bugs that filed by people with extreme ricer CFLAGS. It might
10 > be an idea to have something similar in the global bashrc, and have a
11 > system for arches to customize the CFLAGS that are warned about.
12
13 There's an endless number of CFLAGS that could be warned about, and just as many
14 situations where they're actually useful. Aside, I've yet to hear of _anything_
15 that's broken because of -fvisibility-inlines-hidden. (course someone will
16 undoubtedly point one out now ;))
17
18 Maybe if the sleep 5 were removed this would be helpful. Right now i'm just
19 rm-ing the bashrc in my --sync alias.
22 --de.
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list