From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: haskell@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: large amount of unmaintained dev-haskell/* package
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2022 06:51:54
1 Hi there, Goatee author here,
2
3 On Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:49:45 +0100
4 Sam James <sam@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > # Sam James <sam@g.o> (2022-07-22)
7 > # Monolithic mask for dev-haskell/* packages which have no reverse dependencies,
8 > # are broken, or severely out of date. The aim is to have the Haskell overlay
9 > # (::haskell) be the place for development packages and only have packages
10 > # needed for end-user applications in ::gentoo, as the status who has
11 > # proven to be unsustainable. More up-to-date versions of these packages
12 > # are available in ::haskell.
13 > # Removal on 2022-08-22.
14 > ...
15 > dev-haskell/gtk
16 > ...
17 > games-board/goatee-gtk
18
19 I am around to fix any issues with goatee* and can proxy-maint
20 officially if that will help. It should require little work at the
21 moment, since I'm porting to Qt and goatee-gtk isn't getting new
22 features.
23
24 I do get the burden of maintaining two repos for Haskell though, and I
25 have always had a smoother experience using ::haskell than the main
26 tree, so I am fine with this move and appreciate the inclusion in the
27 main tree in the first place.
28
29 dev-games/goatee can be included in the mask too.
30
31 Regards,
32 Bryan