From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 30: "Planet Gentoo" web log aggregator
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:44:08
1 On Tuesday 26 October 2004 06:37 am, Dylan Carlson wrote:
2 > It would be cool if it also used finger/.plan, because that would be
3 > simpler, especially for people who like doing everything from a
4 > terminal. .plan files are neat because they can also be abused by things
5 > like cron jobs. I say that as a joke, because, I know someone would do it
6 > eventually.
7
8 finger has been requested in the past and always shot down due to:
9 - it's not really critical / useful
10 - it's another possible security hole
11 dont get me wrong, i like finger ;), it's just not worth it really
12 -mike
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list