From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Change policy about live ebuilds
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 13:12:23
1 Hi there,
2
3 The official policy for live ebuilds is the following one:
4
5 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/ebuild-writing/functions/src_unpack/cvs-sources/index.html
6
7 I don't quite agree with this policy and I guess most of you don't agree
8 either looking at the number of live ebuilds/package.mask entries.
9
10 My proposal is to keep empty keywords on live ebuilds without masking
11 them via package.mask
12
13 Users interpret this as a 'double masking' which in fact it is since
14 they need to touch two files before they are able to use the package.
15
16 I also know that we can use overlays for that, but distribute the
17 ebuilds among dev/proj overlays is not always a solution.
20 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
21 Gentoo Linux Developer
22 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org
23 Key ID: 441AC410
24 Key FP: AAD0 8591 E3CD 445D 6411 3477 F7F7 1E8E 441A C410