From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Eclass subdirectory for x-modular.eclass
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:17:12
1 On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:13 -0700, Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > In an attempt to patch all driver packages automatically, I've modified
3 > x-modular.eclass to do something along the lines of what elibtoolize
4 > does for its patching. However, this would require the storage of a
5 > patch for x-modular.eclass, which I would intend to place in a
6 > subdirectory of eclass (my current choice is x-modular-files).
7 >
8 > Am I allowed to create this subdirectory, or does this break
9 > policy/anything else I'm unaware of?
12 The only reason elibtoolize use this abortion from hell, is because it
13 needs to be working from day one.
14
15 Use ${P}-patches-{PVER}.tar.bz2, and set PVER (or whatever) before
16 inheriting the eclass.
20 Martin Schlemmer