From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Add ALSA_CARDS to USE_EXPAND
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:27:25
1 On Thursday 30 November 2006 22:40, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Not if you take care of providing the proper defaults in
3 > make.defaults (the sample above should not be the default).
4 Okay, let's get with a non-complete default, it would probably also help as
5 you won't need PNP support on x86 and amd64 kernels by default...
6
7 For x86/amd64, I think this would cover a good part of users, but I'm open for
8 better suggestion from arch teams:
9
10 ali5451 atiixp atiixp-modem cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 fm801
11 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 mpu401 usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem
12
13 For PPC, at least the following for Apple platforms, if someone has
14 suggestions for other PPC non-Apple platforms they are welcome
15
16 aoa aoa-fabric-layout aoa-onyx aoa-soundbus aoa-soundbus-i2s aoa-tas
17 aoa-toonie powermac
18
19 For SPARC, I'd say at lesat the following by their name, but also here I'd
20 leave to the arch team to provide suggestions
21
22 sun-amd7930 sun-cs4231 sun-dbri
23
24 other arches, please advise.
27 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
28 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...