From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:54:01
1 On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 18:48, Yannick Koehler wrote:
2 <snip>
3
4 I might be stumbling in the dark here, but what if Portage stored all
5 the files that were installed in a protected directory in
6 somewhere/app-category/app/app-version/dir/file (or whatever), and did a
7 diff on those verbatim files that were installed, so the user can see
8 what has changed between the two original versions (the ones he hasn't
9 changed yet)? My biggest problem right now is that of diff'ing a file,
10 and spotting what changes I did, and what changes the package came
11 with...
12
13 Anyway, I'm really tired here. Please ignore this if it's really stupid,
14 or someone else mentioned it in the beginning of the thread ;)
17 Joachim Blaabjerg
18 styx@×××××.org
19 www.SuxOS.org