From: Craig Joly <craig@×××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiplatform Portage.
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 00:18:18
1 On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 06:00:10PM +1000, Tristan Ball wrote:
2 >
3 > How hard would it be to extend the emerge/portage system for other OS's.
4 > I'm particularly interested in the idea of being able to do something
5 > like an "emerge kde" on a sun box, and have kde and required stuff
6 > appear under /opt or /usr/local somewhere.
7 >
8 > Has anyone else considered this?
9 >
10 I'm actually looking into this. I'm a little swamped at the moment,
11 so other than thinking about it, nothing has been done yet. Hopefully
12 I'll get to it in a month or so, after I finish my current projects
13 and then knock our documentation system back into place (it was a good
14 idea when they implemented it but scaleability never crossed their
15 minds). Let me know if you get anything done.
16
17 Craig
18 --
19 Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and
20 taste good with ketchup.