From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: cmake, ELF DT_NEEDED, sonames, and libcblas... Help!!!
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:49:11
1 Il giorno lun, 29/11/2010 alle 22.57 +0100, Andreas K. Huettel ha
2 scritto:
3 >
4 > I have a personal suspicion, namely that libcblas.so is (on my
5 > system)
6 > actually (symlinked to) libgslcblas.so.0, and that maybe cmake reacts
7 > because
8 > the library filename is not equal its SONAME. Does this make sense?
9 > And if
10 > yes, what can I do about it?
11
12 No. As I have written already [1] & [2], there is no need for the
13 filename and the soname to be related at all
14
15 What I think the problem could be here is that libblas and
16 libcblas/libgslcblas provide two different interfaces; clapack finds
17 itself fine with libblas, but it doesn't find the required symbols in
18 libcblas, so --as-needed discards the linking.
19
20 I don't think I have the libraries around, maybe the tinderbox.
21 Otherwise prod me on IRC/Jabber, it's faster, then we can post the
22 results.
25 [1] http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2010/10/08/linkers-and-names
26 [2]
27 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/2009/10/27/a-shared-library-by-any-other-name
30 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
31 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
32
33 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
34 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/