From: Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] mga_vid addition to /etc/modules.d/aliases
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:29:00
1 Hi,
2
3 first, please apologize, if this is not the correct list, but it seemed appropriate to me.
4 Second keep me cc'ed, as I'm not subscribed.
5
6 On topic: To use mplayer's xmga extension with my Matrox G400 I had to add the following
7 lines in /etc/modules.d/aliases:
8
9 alias char-major-178 mga_vid
10 alias /dev/mga_vid char-major-178
11
12 Could someone with write permission on the CVS tree please add this?
13
14 As my experience with devfs is minimal, maybe as alternative a change within dev-state
15 would be more appropriate?
16
17 As a side note the article about devfs notes /dev-state to be the directory for permission
18 preservation. Actually on my system there is only a /lib/dev-state. Could somebody please
19 correct the documentation accordingly?
20
21 BTW, is it still necessary to download the mgadrivers from Matrox or are they already part
22 of the XFree-4.2 source? I wondered, why there is no port for it.
25 Ciao
26 Siegbert