From: Jonathan Callen <abcd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: rfc: use of the /run directory
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:04:06
1 Samuli Suominen wrote:
2 > On 05/18/2011 05:45 PM, Henry Gebhardt wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I thought I'd mention, the way systemd handles this is with an extra
5 >> service and configuration files in /etc/tmpfiles.d [1]. I am sure
6 >> OpenRC could use the same tool[2] for that.
7 >>
8 >> [1] http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/tmpfiles.d.html
9 >> [2] http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/systemd-tmpfiles.html
10 >
11 > Not all packages using /var/run own a init script, nor need one. Take
12 > sys-fs/udisks[1] for example. Then, we need something to create
13 > these dirs in OpenRC (or fix the package, but that might take some
14 > time...)
15 >
16 > [1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/333893
17
18 I belive the idea was to have a single service in openrc that would
19 create all the needed files by reading the configuration in
20 /etc/tmpfiles.d/. Then the various packages could just drop a single
21 file in tmpfiles.d, and everything would be created automagically.
24 Jonathan Callen