From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] MySQL 5.5 releasing to ~arch
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 00:16:36
1 Hi all,
2
3 I know it's been much awaited, but I didn't have a lot of faith in it
4 previously, so I didn't want to destroy the systems of our ~arch users
5 by releasing MySQL/MariaDB 5.5.x on them.
6
7 However, as of today, I believe that it is sufficiently ready to be used
8 on ~arch systems, and I will be updating the global package.mask to now
9 only block MySQL 5.6.
10
11 MySQL 5.6 does not pass it's own testsuite yet, so it'll be a while
12 before it becomes more available. If you want it sooner, be sure to keep
13 an eye on the mysql team overlay!
14
15 I'd like to thank Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto (jmbsvicetto) and Brian
16 Evans <grknight@×××××××.com> for their tireless fighting with the
17 ebuilds.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85