From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] acct-user/acct-group trouble
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 11:34:51
1 On Tue, 2020-05-05 at 14:24 +0300, Oleg wrote:
2 > Hi, all.
3 >
4 > I'm creating a ebuild and need to create user/group during it installation.
5 > As i create a package/ebuild for our company internal use, it useless to
6 > request uid/gid to be saved in uid-gid.txt. Also, i don't need a constant
7 > uid/gid, just want a user/group creation. This package will be installed on
8 > various machines and i don't want to track unused uid/gid from uid-gid.txt
9 > and also each of these machines. Any available is sufficient.
10 >
11 > If i understand correctly, acct-user/acct-group doesn't allow me do this.
12 > And i must choose a constant uid/gid and pray that
13 > they willn't match existent ones on any machine, amn't it?
14
15 You don't understand correctly. Read the doc for ACCT_GROUP_ID.
18 Best regards,
19 Michał Górny