From: tchiwam <tchiwam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:15:48
1 Hello,
2
3 About the subject...
4 Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
5 Well, I think it is Out of context ... I come from where people, girls
6 and guys go to sauna together naked, run out and jump in the snow, hole
7 in the ice, or water in (short)summer. I was about to delete the thread,
8 seeing it originated from you and not even read it... but since I was in
9 a happy mood and wondered how come over 100 messages came in the dev box
10 alone...
11
12 After reading most of the thread let me explain what in here pisses me
13 off ... and what doesn't ...
14
15 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
16 > Have we picked up any prudes, or are they still all using debian?
17 I am stuck with debian guru at my door, and our COO is a debian sold
18 guy... comments like this are real good ammo pointed straight back at me.
19
20 See,
21 > I'm about to add app-vim/brainfuck-syntax to the tree,
22
23 I have NO trouble with that being in the tree, no less, no more than
24 some gory game titles, it's the name of it and that's all there is to
25 it. Some Spam filter might have gotten that one ...
26
27 > and I want to be
28 > sure that I'm not going to make any Ashcroft-worshipping
29 Who ?
30
31 > right wing
32
33 Don't talk about politic, it is as bad as talking about religion... Your
34 post has probably been flagged and maybe even censured in some
35 countries, because of this statement.
36
37 > christian rednecks
38 Don't ever ever EVER mix any religious, type, belief, derogatory comment
39 or any of that type of manure in a international forum !! Ever, you
40 don't and nobody should. This post might have been censured because of
41 this comment too...
42
43 > come after me in their SUVs,
44
45 Schizo should be taken care of at your nearest mental hospital !
46 But I have to say I have strong opinion on this subject too, but I won't
47 voice it here ! (we should have a gentoo-babbling list for that kind of
48 community only but not related to gentoo itself discussion)
49
50 > toting shotguns,
51 Another evil, for public forum.
52
53 > waving their rebel flags and
54 Well, I don't mind it too much, I might see some people having real
55 rebel flags floating around and being shot at once in a while...
56
57 > proclaiming that the Earth is flat.
58
59 This is I think not really dangerous...
62 Why do you have to make a simple, email that could look like this:
63
64 Subject: Rude words in package names
65
66 What would people here think about brainfuck as a package name...
67 upstream is http://link, more relevant info is http://... link, I know
68 4 people here are using it, I use it
69
70 What should we do ?
71
72 Signed your name
75 Into, If you say I am wrong you are a prude fellow ?
76
77 Phil
78 --
79 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list