From: Ionen Wolkens <sudinave@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [News item review] Python preference to follow PYTHON_TARGETS
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:43:30
1 On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 01:25:13PM +0100, Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > What about a tl;dr line explaining whether dev-lang/python-exec is
3 > optionally or mandatory -or better said - if/which user action is expected?
4 As I understand it user doesn't have anything to do other than either
5 accept or refuse the CONFIG_PROTECT changes.
6
7 Exception could be if they were heavily relying on eselect python to
8 change on-the-fly using scripts or whatnot.
9
10 I originally felt this could go without a news item myself but I did see
11 a lot of confused users believe eselect python is essential, so an
12 explanation makes sense.
13 --
14 ionen