From: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-security] GLEP #14: security updates based on GLSA
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:46:27
1 On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 07:19:39PM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > As already discussed here serveral days ago I've written up a GLEP for
5 > this often requested feature:
6 >
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0014.html
8 >
9 > Everything in the GLEP is open for discussion, please share your
10 > questions/comments/concerns with the other people on this list, so
11 > that
12 > they can be incorporated. I'll update the GLEP if necessary, so make
13 > sure you read the latest version before posting.
14
15 I think the glep itself is really good, and my python's not good enough
16 to critique the tool. So this is all about the DTD.
17
18 It would be nice if the solution and the command became mandatory, and
19 the command was formatted so that it could be run with /bin/sh.
20
21 It's also my feeling that the exploit element should become an attribute
22 so it can be checked - for example, if I'm writing a tool to secure a
23 firewall while I'm on holiday, it would be essential to update remote
24 holes, but less essential to update local holes.
25
26 And lastly and cosmetically, dates are normally represented as a
27 day/month/year structure. In the version element, I think that you
28 should get rid of the including attribute and extend the range attribute
29 with greater-or-equal / less-than-or-equal. It's just my feeling that
30 this will create more readable xml documents...
31
32 > Marius
33
34 james.
37 When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list