From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Identifying inherit-only / usable profiles (round 2)
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 14:43:13
1 On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 05:21 -0500, Aaron Walker wrote:
2 > > I'm working on a profile module for the top-sekrit eclectic project (formerly
3 > > known as eselect) and have run into the problem of not being able to provide a
4 > > list of valid profiles.
5 > >
6 > > 'find $(portageq portdir)/profiles -type d' was suggested but that would also
7 > > have base/ and updates/ in the list.
8 > >
9 > > Can we finish this discussion and get something implemented?
10 > >
11 > > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=gentoo-dev&m=110201593924411&w=2
14 > hmmm... maybe I should've thrown in some stereotypes...
15
16 How about we add a /usr/portage/profiles/profiles, in the same vein as
17 categories? That should be simple enough and allow us to specify
18 "valid" profiles for use.
21 Chris Gianelloni
23 Games - Developer
24 Gentoo Linux