From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GCC 4.6.0
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 01:38:42
1 Il giorno sab, 02/04/2011 alle 22.11 -0600, Ryan Hill ha scritto:
2 > Common errors:
3
4 I've been running my tinderbox with GCC 4.6 now, so I hope to help out
5 discovering the issue asap, but in the mean time I'd like to point out
6 that GCC 4.6 (a little more than others, afaict) could cause ./configure
7 scripts to fail (or misdetect availability of functions).
8
9 If something does not seem to build right, but doesn't appear directly
10 related to GCC 4.6, make sure to attach the config.log of the configure
11 execution.
12
13 In particular, since with GCC 4.5 (and modern glibc) doing things such
14 as
15
16 write(fd, buf, bufsize);
17
18 would have caused "return value ignored" warnings, which would have
19 thrown off detections using -Werror, they were rewritten as
20
21 int n = write(fd, buf, bufsize);
22
23 ... too bad that this *now* causes the "unused but set" warning.
26 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
27 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/