From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newsitem: baselayout 2.5 changes
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 02:08:10
1 Hi William,
2
3 William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> writes:
4
5 > The second change is that baselayout is taking ownership of most of the
6 > directories it creates. This includes all directories in / and /usr
7 > excluding /lib* and /usr/lib*. Once we drop support for SYMLINK_LIB,
8 > baselayout will take ownership of /lib* and /usr/lib* as well.
9
10 This is an abrupt change that will affect many users. I suggest a
11 lengthy explanation (blog post, wiki page or important emails) to be
12 attached as a reference in this news item.
13
14 So a user will be able to study the rationales behind this change before
15 unmasking baselayout-2.5 on their machines.
16
17 Yours,
18 Benda