From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:13:05
1 On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 12:10 -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > The recent discussion about having a "real" x86 arch team and combining
3 > the x86 and amd64 keywords was both interesting and provocative. Of
4 > course, this is the sort of thing that the GLEP system was meant for.
5 > Now that we have a new council that (I hope) will be active in approving
6 > or rejecting GLEPs, perhaps someone should be writing a GLEP about
7 > combining x86 and amd64?
8 >
9 > -g2boojum-
10
11 Just out of curiousity, what makes people think that the amd64 team will
12 sit still for having all of x86 foisted off on them?
13 --
14 Daniel Gryniewicz
15 Gentoo AMD64 Team
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list