From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Subslots progress in main tree
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:40:00
1 On 01/24/2013 07:15 AM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > In general, I would recommend for any library maintainers, to either
3 > file bugs against the rdeps of a package or directly update the rdeps
4 > (with permission, of course) when implementing sub-slots. Of course,
5 > I believe the rdeps of a library can add slot operators to their
6 > *DEPEND atoms even if the library doesn't have a sub-slot (yet); this
7 > would be useful anyways, as a new sub-slot in the lib will
8 > automatically trigger appropriate rebuilding.
9
10 Yes, that's a good idea. However, it means that the introduction of the
11 first sub-slot will trigger a rebuild of the dependent package. So, it's
12 a good idea to introduce the first sub-slot during a version bump where
13 something has changed that justifies a sub-slot bump.
14 --
15 Thanks,
16 Zac