From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] newbie advice
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:49:59
1 On Thursday 13 June 2002 17:18, Damien wrote:
2 > Le jeu 13/06/2002 à 16:51, Robert Abel a écrit :
3 > > What do you think the odds are a linux newbie can successfully install
4 > > and configure gentoo? I have an old machine I am considering playing
5 > > around with but, some reveiws on the net I have read say my chances of
6 > > succeeding are horrible. What is your opinion?
7 >
8 > Go and do it !!! I think that's the best way to learn. Maybe you'll have
9 > to learn a lot of things to be able to configure correctly your system,
10 > but if you have some time, then, after this, you'll surely know a lot
11 > more about Linux.
14 I agree, installing gentoo shouldn't be too difficult. Take care to carefully
15 read (follow) the install docs. Some steps are essential, and thinks will not
16 work until you do them. You cannot really destroy things though.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Junior Researcher