From: "Bjarke Sørensen" <bs@××××.dk>
To: Marko Kervinen <marko_kervinen@×××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install/booting from floppy
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 05:12:22
1 On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 09:56:05AM +0000, Marko Kervinen wrote:
4 > Just wondering why there is no docs how to make boot diskettes in
5 > gentoo.org? Other distributions offer tool to make diskettes in windows.
6 > If i understood, grub needs linux. Windows cd boots fine, but not gentoo,
7 > mandrake or redhat. Bios is set to boot cdrom. It would be nice to have
8 > bootdiskettes ready in your site. I am not only one who needs bootfloppy.
9
10 Bootfloppies are work in progress since most everybuddy has
11 boot-from-cdrom suuport in BIOS.
12
13 But still, since more people have been asking about some effort WILL
14 be put in making one (or more) floppy/floppies.
15
16 Btw, if other people are looking at this issue please let me/us know.
20 | Bjarke Sørensen |
21 <bs@××××.dk>
22 | WASD |