From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Road towards EAPI 3 main tree approval
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:55:57
1 As many of you know EAPI 3 has been waiting for Portage to implement it
2 for many months now and I asked zmedico for his estimate on whether it
3 will be done this year:
4
5 19:50 < Betelgeuse> zmedico: Let's put it this way. How likely in
6 percentages is EAPI 2 this year?
7 19:50 < Betelgeuse> s/2/3/
8 19:51 < zmedico> I'd give it 80% chance I guess
9
10 As far as I understand paludis already has the features implemented so
11 maybe we could give EAPI 3 some field testing in some overlays to see
12 how it works in practice from ebuild writer point of view. Paludis does
13 not recognize it atm but probably easy to get a new revision/version out:
14
15 20:01 < zmedico> Betelgeuse: I'd guess they could test it as
16 EAPI=paludis-3_pre or something like that
17 20:01 < dleverton> Betelgeuse: it doesn't install the config file, just
18 uses it for tests, so that's correct
19
20 So what's the general sentiment for giving this some spin in overlays?
21 Maybe having some usage would build some social pressure on zmedico :)
22
23 Regards,
24 Petteri