From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-mail/courier-imap-3.0.2 nasty bug - {x86,ppc,sparc,hppa,amd64} arches please test 3.0.4
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:05:49
1 begin quote
2 On Mon, 17 May 2004 18:35:50 -0700
3 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > A quick request to all arches regarding Courier-IMAP.
8 >
9 > A nasty bug was found upstream in version 3.0.2 (in stable), causing
10 > unchecked growth of your Trash folders if you use a specific option
11 > (that isn't enabled by default in Gentoo, but many users do use it).
12 >
13 > So could all arches please test 3.0.4 and mark as stable sometime
14 > inside the next week? I'm going to mark it stable on x86 in 24-48
15 > hours once I'm certain it's stable myself.
18 okay, authdaemond initscripts fail miserably here, which cause
19 unmentionable amounts of problems as you can no longer authenticate.
20
21 * Starting authdaemond.plain...
22 Error: authdaemond no longer handles its own daemonizing.
23 Use new startup script.
24 [ !! ]
27 lovable, isn't it?
28
29 Darkmere log # qpkg -l courier-imap |grep init.d
30 /etc/init.d
31 /etc/init.d/courier-pop3d-ssl
32 /etc/init.d/courier-pop3d
33 /etc/init.d/courier-imapd-ssl
34 /etc/init.d/courier-imapd
35 /etc/init.d/authdaemond
38 So, no. Currently 3.0.4 doesn't work and I'm forced to revert to
39 previous versions.
40
41 //Spider
46 begin .signature