From: Tobias Eichert <tobias@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Desktop GNOME
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:40:17
1 On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:52:50 +1000
2 "Geoff Hutchinson" <geoff@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I used your excellent doco to get KDE up and running, but I want to have a look at GNOME 2, I have installed it but can not get it to run.
5
6 There's a Session file called "Gnome" located in /etc/X11/Sessions/ . So when
7 using a display manager like kdm or gdm, just select "Gnome". It should
8 work well. For Gnome I usually take gdm but I think kdm should also be
9 setup quite easy. You might as well run Gnome with "startx" but this
10 assumes that you have setup your .xinitrc correct.
11
12 Cheers,
13 tobias