From: Michael Tindal <mtindal@××××××××××××.com>
To: solar@g.o
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Toys
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:07:43
1 On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 19:43 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Portage has this really great feature-file that's often overlooked which
3 > can be used in almost unlimited ways to customize your gentoo linux
4 > install or preform tasks that you would otherwise have to open a bug
5 > for. Sometimes your bug may not even be appropriate or suited for the
6 > masses. But thankfully there is bashrc to the rescue.
7 >
8 > quoting from the manpage:
9 > "If needed this file can be used to setup a different environment for
10 > ebuilds than the root environment. Syntax is the
11 > same as any other bash script."
12 >
13 > Ok sounds good lets take it for a drive.....
14 > Yada yada crunch etc and stuff...
15 >
16 > About a week later here..
17 >
18 > Ok so now I want to share an example which I'm now using on my own box
19 > which have made my life easier.. these examples require bash3 but that
20 > easy enough to backport.
21
22 Based on solar's excellent bashrc, I've added a few things.
23 Per-package/category FEATURES, arbitrary environment settings
24 per-package/category (not sure how useful this would be, but I figured
25 I'd go ahead and add it anyway), and category-wide USE flags. Hope
26 someone finds this as useful as I found solar's :).
27
28 Mike

bashrc text/plain
category.use text/plain