From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Marking bugs for bugday?
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:33:00
1 On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Sebastian Pipping posted on Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:02:05 +0100 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> Quoting Ioannis Aslanidis <aslanidis@×××××.com>:
5 >>> I would prefer to keep the keyword for Bugday Members to administer.
6 >>
7 >> I don't think that sending mails would work well. If you want extra
8 >> control/QA for bugday team members I would propose two different
9 >> keywords: one for bugday candidates and one for confirmed bugday bugs.
10 >>
11 >> Any dev could mark bugs as candidates easily and without delays while
12 >> you could still reserve acknoledgement to you.
13 >
14 > ... And here I'm proposing three:
15 >
16 > BUGDAY          (nomination)
17 > BUGDAY-ACCEPTED (or whatever is thought appropriate)
18 > NOBUGDAY        (or BUGDAY-DECLINED, or BUGDAY-REFUSED, or...)
19
20 I think the last one is over-engineering a bit; bugzilla keywords are
21 not permanent so this will likely not help as much as one may think in
22 practice. Old bugday keywords are visible in the activity trail.
23
24 -A
27 > The latter would be for nominated bugs that were declined as inappropriate
28 > for whatever reason, to help prevent them being nominated again.
29 > Presumably there'd be a comment added explaining why as well, but the
30 > keyword would be what shows up in someone's face if they're thinking about
31 > keywording it BUGDAY.
32 >
33 > --
34 > Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
35 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
36 > and if you use the program, he is your master."  Richard Stallman